Funny Farm Entry Terms and Conditions
We hope that you have a great day out with us. In order for you to make the most of your day and in the interests of safety we would like to advise you of the following:
We are based at Mingary Steading, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry to Funny Farm
All visitors must register by email/book or sign in.
Admission is free but we welcome donations towards the animal welfare and conservation.
• It is the purchaser’s responsibility to check prior to booking that the information supplied in respect of the online ticket is accurate. If inaccurate information is supplied this may result in additional charges or voiding of the online ticket
• Any additional visitors wishing to enter Funny Farm with someone who has booked online tickets will be required to complete the registration form.
• Online tickets must only be used on the day selected at time of booking
• Online ticket booking visitors are reminded that for operational, technical, safety or animal welfare reasons any advertised exhibit or attraction, or any of the on-site facilities may be closed, removed, altered or otherwise unavailable at any time. Funny Farm reserves the right to alter or cancel any presentation or feeding time without notice if required
• Online tickets are subject to the general terms and conditions of entry to Funny Farm detailed on this page
• Admission to Funny Farm will only be permitted up to one hour before the farm’s closing time
• No child aged 15 years or under will be admitted to the farm unless they are accompanied by someone aged 16 years or above. All such children must remain under the control or supervision of this responsible person at all times whilst on the farm premises
• No dogs or other pets shall be permitted entry to the farm, with the exception of fully trained guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs which are permitted in certain areas of the farm. Assistance dogs in training are not permitted to enter
• Re-entry to the farm following admission is not permitted without our consent
• We do not guarantee that any particular animal will be visible during your visit
Please respect our animals’ welfare and your safety by observing the following code of conduct:
• Please do not feed the animals unless supervised by a member of our staff, climb on walls or cross barriers
• Please do not make excessive noise, harm or disturb our animals
• For safety reasons we do not allow barbecues, balls or balloons in the farm
• To ensure a pleasant day for all visitors, please do not use radios, scooters, bikes, rollerblades, roller skates or hoverboards in the farm
• Visitors wearing costumes may be asked to remove them. This also applies to animal onesies
• In the interests of safety, no glass items or sharp objects are allowed in Funny Farm
• Funny Farm reserves the right to refuse admission or remove from the farm
• Alcohol is not permitted to be brought onto site, and anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs may be removed from the farm and where necessary, the emergency services called
• We will not tolerate the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards our staff or other visitors on site
• In the event of extreme weather conditions, we may have to close Funny Farm.
• Please note that both Funny Farm is a strictly no fly zone. This includes drones which are strictly forbidden
• If you are a member of the press and have a filming request, please contact Sarah Houston prior to scheduling your visit. Members of the press will not be admitted without a prior appointment
• We encourage visitors to take and share photos during their visit to our farm, however, for the welfare of our animals and your safety it is essential that visitors respect the barriers and warning signage around the farm. Any visitor witnessed bypassing barriers, hanging over enclosures, including the use of selfie sticks or other equipment, risks being ejected from the farm
• All visitors should wash their hands thoroughly and regularly
• In line with current Scottish Executive legislation, Funny Farm prohibits smoking inside, or at the doorways to, any of our buildings.
• The car park is open to all visitors
• Any vehicles (caravans, motor homes etc.) must disconnect any gas supply whilst in our car park
• No dogs, or other animals, are permitted to be left in vehicles whilst parked in our car park
• We cannot take responsibility for any damage or loss to your vehicle
• Parking is free
• All parking spaces, including those for coaches, are allocated on a first come first served basis and cannot be guaranteed
• No overnight parking or camping is permitted
• Funny Farm reserves the right to recover the cost of repairs, and/or replacement, from you if our car park equipment is damaged by you, your vehicle or the passengers in your vehicle
From time to time we and third parties to whom we have provided authority may take photographs and/or video recordings of the farm premises, including the car parks and surrounding areas, as well as events, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Terms, you agree that Funny Farm or any authorised third party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that all copyright and any other intellectual property rights that subsist in or arise out of these materials shall be absolutely owned by us or such authorised third party (subject to our agreement) as the case may be.
You acknowledge that you will be liable to us for any damage caused by you to the farm or to any of its contents or for any injury caused to any of our staff or representatives or to other visitors during your visit.
Our farm is located on a hill with steep slopes and uneven rough ground.
You also agree that:
• Where you are the Responsible Adult, you shall also be liable for all children that you accompany
• Where you are the Organiser of a Group, you shall be jointly liable for any damage caused by the visitors in your Group
• Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by that of our employees or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law be excluded or limited
• We exclude our liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by you or occurring to any items belonging to you as a result of your visit
• Our liability to you shall be limited to £10, being the price of your admission were we to introduce charging to our farm. Under no circumstances will we be liable to you or to any third party for any consequential or indirect loss, damage or expense
• We will not be liable for any breaches of the conditions arising from any event outside our control, including (but not limited to) fire, flood, storm, electrical outage or strikes